Dulïna Reśija jë bila rüdi śaġana anu śawöjo isaga tu-w Reśiji to se rumüni po nï drugë poti niköj tu-w te blïžnje kumüne.
Tu-w Reśiji jë pa na boata kultüra, na stara müśika, den stari ples anu ne stare pravize.
Ökol 600 A.C. tu-w reġuni so paršli ni jüdi klïzani “popoli celtici”, ka, sa mïsli, so paršli pa tu-w Reśiji. Śawöjo ka so paršli pa iśdë so ostale jïmana od mësta (Karnïza).
Sa mïsli pa da, jüdi klïzani “popoli romani” so wlëśli tu-w Reśiji śakoj itadej (I anu II Sekolo A.C. dardu V sekolo D.C.), ni so radi hodïli wün śis Karatanë, śa hudet kupüwat nu prodajat, anu ni so prahajali ta-na Bili.
Tu-w Reśiji wlažajo drügi jüdi klïzani “Visogoti, Unni, Eruli, Ostrogoti, Vandali anu śa rivat Longobardi” ka ni se wstawjajo (VI sekolo D.C.).
Tu-w VI sekolo D.C., śis Lusazje (väs sri Nïškaga anu Polonje) parhajajo ni drügi jüdi, klïzani “Vendi” ka ni duhajajo pa tu-w Reśiji. Tu isamo sekulo se nareja “Patriarcato di Aquileia” anu ta-nutrë wlaža pa Reśija.
Te pärve ćarte ka so se nalëśle tu ka so rumuni od Reśije, so bile narëd tu-w XI sekol, ko den muž klïzan Cacellino šinkal pa to Rośajansko śemjo patriarkon śis Aquileje.
Po isëj rače se narëdila Abazïja tu-w Mužazi (1118/1120).
Od itadej së anu dardu lëtu 1797, jüdi so mažli bogat fratine.
Sa ma śawalït fratine ći jë već ćart tu ka so rumuni od Reśije.
Ta-mi ise sa spomenja:
- na konez od XI sëkolä ta-na Ravanzi se usdihua na majana (ta näšnja zirküw);
- od lëta 1420 Reśija jë ta-pod “Serenissima”;
- na konez lëta 1400 se narejajo gradavi tu-w Bili anu ta-na Solbizi;
- tu-w lëtu 1535 Giacomo Martini nareja štatuo Madone śis tï malïn, ka na se nalaža tu-w zirkve ta-na Ravanzi;
- tu-w lëtu 1576 tu-w Bili śbuliwajo karjë judi;
- tu-w lëtu 1684 prihaja narëd zirküw tu-w Osoani anu tu-w lëtu 1698 śaširokana zirküw ta-na Ravanzë;
- tu-w lëtu 1769 rivawajo dila śa naredit zirküw ta-na Solbizi;
- tu-w lëtu 1781 prihaja žihnana zirküw ta-ma Njïvi;
- tu-w lëtu 1797 Reśija jë ta-pod Auštrijo;
- tu-w lëtu 1866 Reśija jë ta-pod Laške;
- tu-w tin pärvin wëri jüdi śis Reśije majo wbižat pröč. Itï ka ostajajo majo se branït;
- tu-w lëtu 1918 rivawa wëra. Jüdi ka so bili wbižali wkrej ni parhajajo damu;
- tu-w lëtu 1920 parhaja narëd must ta-na Robo anu pot śa tët orë na Solbizi;
- tu-w lita 1928/1930 parhajajo narëd škule tu-w Bili, ta-na Njïvi, tu-w Osoanë anu ta-na Solbizi;
- ta sagont wera parnaša karjë straha anu miśërje. Karjë soldadöu nï so ni već paršli naśet śis trinčee anu dwisti njï so ostali tu-w Rušji;
- parhajajo ti niški;
- ko rivawa wera karjë njï majo tët pösvitë jïskat dëlu, anu ito ni ostajajo;
- tu-w lëtu 1976 parhaja potres. Tu-w Osoanë, ta-na Ravanzë, ta-na Njïve hïše spadüwajo. Bila, Solbiza, Ućja anu Lišćaza majo karjë šköde. Majo prijtet petnist lit prit niköj rivet narëdit spet usë hïše.
Śadnje lita jë bil narëd Parko, ka an ma wöjo branit śëmjo uod naše dulïne.
The main events of the region are the following:
- At the end of the 15th century in Prato was built a chapel (the current Church of Santa Maria Assunta modified During the centuries);
- In Resia, from 1420, was given to the dominion of the Serenissima;
- At the end of 1400 Because of the Turk invasion that treated the entire region were built some forts in S. Giorgio and Stolvizza;
- James Martini, in 1535, carved the statue of the Virgin Mary with the Child, currently preserved in the Church of Prato;
- In 1576 the outbreak of the plague struck the village of S. Giorgio;
- In 1769, ended the construction of the church of Stolvizza;
- Gniva the church was consecrated in 1781;
- In 1797 with the Treaty of Campo Formio was decreed the end of the Republic of Venice and Friuli, and then Resia, passed under the Austrian command;
- Resia was annexed to the Kingdom of Italy in 1866 with Friuli (up to Pontebba);
- The Risorgimento period ended with the 1st World War, Resia found herself in the theatre of military operations. With the "defeat of Caporetto" the majority of the population of Resia left the valley and found refuge in different regions of Italy.
The Italian disaster involved the displacement of more than 1 million refugees and the loss of large amounts of men and materials.
- The withdrawal of Italian troops in Resia was the hard way. In fact, occurred fighting on the Mount Guarda, in Sella Carnizza and San Giorgio;
- 1918 marked the end of the conflict. It was followed, therefore, the return of refugees with the difficult and not short-term reconstruction;
- Twenty years of the fascist regime, which dragged Italy to the second world tragedy, was characterized by hard dictatorial system which, however, marked at the autarchy, lead to a discrete economic development even if remained unresolved great social problems such as employment which brought the phenomenon of emigration.
Thanks to economic impulses to public works, carried out the following works:
- In 1920 was built the bridge in Rop and the road to Stolvizza, in the years 1928 and 1930 were built schools in S. Giorgio, Gniva, Oseacco and Stolvizza;
- The 2nd World War felt directly its effects on the population of the Resia Valley.
In fact, they referred to the younger people and then to the older ones. Many young Resian did not come back from the various fronts of the war and the many concentration camps (more than twenty remained in Russia). Life here was made even more difficult by the lack of basic necessities. After the armistice following the German occupation, war, first far away, now came in the house and to pay the highest tribute was the civilian population;
- At the end of the war, the economic situation was disastrous. Many were forced to pack and emigrate to France, Switzerland, Belgium and Germany, where many families settled permanently. Between the '50s and '60s, Lombardy, the region strong economies was home to numerous immigrants of the Resia Valley;
- The economic success in the 60s and 70s solveed the problem of emigration abroad. However, since there were no downstream structures in economic-productive, many people found employment and established in the region or were commuters.
After the wars, the third disaster of the twentieth century that affected Resia was the earthquake that happened in 1976. The earthquake put on its knees the whole Friuli, entire villages were razed to the ground. The Resia fractions were Oseacco, Prato and S. Giorgio, Gniva, Stolvizza, Uccea and Lischiazze. These places suffered serious damages. It took about 15 years to complete the reconstruction due to the financial effort of the State, for the proper functioning of the Commissariat extraordinary coordinating the regional administrative machinery, provincial and municipal authorities, and especially the strong commitment of the people.
The most recent event for Resia was the birth of the Natural Park of the Julian Prealps. This event arose from the need to maintain an unspoiled environment which is a source that, if properly used and exploited, can become a good economic vehicle for the valley.
(Translation by Lara Micelli)